As we fast and pray for the ministry in Peru, take a look at a few more specifics about the ministry we are partnering with and the people we will join them in serving.
Some Facts about the Ministry:
· The name of the ministry is “Adalid”.
· Adalid works with the local church in two areas: 1.) outreach and 2.) discipleship to youth and college age students.
· Their vision is to raise up a new generation of leaders to impact and influence the lives of youth with a new look at the world... through the eyes of Christ.
· They desire to teach values that would transform lives across generations. These values include- commitment, servant leadership, significant relationships, teamwork, capacity, excellence, boldness, and innovation.
Some Facts on Lima:
· In Peru, 57% of the population is under 29 years old.
· Gang violence and teenage pregnancy are two prominent problems among youth.
· Lima is South America's fifth largest city where almost two-thirds live in slums and are subject to abject poverty.
This ministry seems so far away…I confess sometimes it’s hard for me to feel connected to them. It’s making me look forward all the more to going to see them this summer. In the meantime, I’m revisiting this list. Lets pray that God would break our hearts for these people and this ministry. And lets continue to be open to the possibility of him even guiding us to GO and be a part of what God is doing in Peru this summer on the CSF Summer Mission Trip.
I’m so thankful for a community of believers to journey with in fulfilling God’s mission to spread the Gospel not only in our own backyard but also to the ends of the earth. Love you guys.
Christian Student Fellowship
is a place for students at the University of Illinois Springfield who are on a spiritual journey. Whether you're just starting out or you've been headed this way for awhile, we want to help you find your way back to God!