CSF wants to help students transition to life in Springfield and we know that one of the MOST important things is finding a church home! For the next 5 Sundays, CSF will be meeting at Lincoln Residence Hall at 9:30am for juice and donuts and then carpooling to a different local church. Get your church-shopping out of the way with friends!!
The beginning of the semester is an exciting time on campus! We want to invite you into the excitement by helping sponsor one of our first week events. We are still in need of supplies for several of our events. If you want to donate lemonade, popsicles, or help with funding for another item please let us know. Thanks for your prayers and support!
CSF celebrates another Rez Week on campus this week - - preparing for Easter by giving the UIS community an opportunity to wrestle with the claims of Christ! The week includes 32 Hours of Prayer, Random Acts of Kindness, Prayer Walks, and a Good Friday service. Check out these student testimonies....
Thank You to the alumni, students, parents, and local churches who joined us to celebrate 20 years of campus ministry at Sangamon State, University of Illinois Springfield, and Lincoln Land Community College. It was a great night of story-telling and reunions, and our generous partners raise over $14,000 to help fill in the CSF Budget!
20 Years ago, a handful of students and a few local church members had a vision for reaching college students at Sangamon State University and Lincoln Land Community College with the Gospel of Christ.
Join us on March 29th at 6pm as we celebrate what God has done in the lives of hundreds of college students through the ministry of Christian Student Fellowship at the 20th Anniversary Celebration Dinner. Parents, alumni, church partners, and the UIS community are invited for a night of stories, worship, food, and fundraising.
The evening is free, but reservations are required. A free-will offering will be taken to help the ministry at UIS continue.
It's gonna be a party - don't miss it!
As we fast and pray for the ministry in Peru, take a look at a few more specifics about the ministry we are partnering with and the people we will join them in serving.
Some Facts about the Ministry:
· The name of the ministry is “Adalid”.
· Adalid works with the local church in two areas: 1.) outreach and 2.) discipleship to youth and college age students.
· Their vision is to raise up a new generation of leaders to impact and influence the lives of youth with a new look at the world... through the eyes of Christ.
· They desire to teach values that would transform lives across generations. These values include- commitment, servant leadership, significant relationships, teamwork, capacity, excellence, boldness, and innovation.
Some Facts on Lima:
· In Peru, 57% of the population is under 29 years old.
· Gang violence and teenage pregnancy are two prominent problems among youth.
· Lima is South America's fifth largest city where almost two-thirds live in slums and are subject to abject poverty.
This ministry seems so far away…I confess sometimes it’s hard for me to feel connected to them. It’s making me look forward all the more to going to see them this summer. In the meantime, I’m revisiting this list. Lets pray that God would break our hearts for these people and this ministry. And lets continue to be open to the possibility of him even guiding us to GO and be a part of what God is doing in Peru this summer on the CSF Summer Mission Trip.
I’m so thankful for a community of believers to journey with in fulfilling God’s mission to spread the Gospel not only in our own backyard but also to the ends of the earth. Love you guys.