The mission of God is not on hold.
This Fall, life and ministry have looked drastically different. Campus gathering restrictions, students in and out of quarantine, and a host of other obstacles are all realities in this season. And yet, God is working on campus in remarkable ways! Your support at the end of the year will make a real, lasting difference in the lives of those who need it most.
One of the things we've really missed this semester has been time together as a community. We're excited about opportunities like this one to be able to gather together again!
In a Covid semester, meeting for a weekly large group worship service doesn't make much sense. Small Groups are going to be the way students build community, do life together, and grow deeper relationships with the Lord.
Make sure you get signed up for a group!
It's not too late to sign up for a time to pray THIS Thursday as a part of CSF's 24 Hour Prayer Day! Here's a prayer guide you can use to help shape your prayers tomorrow!
24 Hour CSF Prayer Guide
Friends, thank you for being willing to pray for us as we head into the fall semester. You give us courage and strength. You can use this guide to aid you in praying during your time slot, or feel free to do without and pray what the Holy Spirit puts on your heart! We would love to hear how God moves you to pray for us on Thursday!
God, let Christian Student Fellowship’s events and time on campus in the next two weeks allow them to connect with many students who are open and hungry for life with You. Establish the work of their hands for them.
- For spiritual hunger as they come to campus
- For a desire and effort to seek out a faith community
- For lonely and afraid students to meet and connect with followers of Jesus
For CSF Returning Students:
- For creativity to use their gifts to build up the Body of Christ and to reach the lost on campus - For vision to see their classes and dorms/apartments as places to show hospitality and build community
- For an invitational and bold spirit
For CSF Staff:
- For energy and open handedness in adjusting to an unknown fall schedule
- For wisdom in reaching out to students during COVID-19
- For divine appointments on campus and opportunities to share the Gospel
- For staff unity and growth in partnership and friendship
- For health within our marriages, families, and communities in the season ahead
For the University of Illinois Springfield and Lincoln Land Community College:
- For grace and wisdom for the new UIS chancellor (Karen Whitney) and other administrative staff and advisors as they lead their schools through a challenging season
- For peace and ingenuity for the UIS and LLCC faculty/staff as they are adjusting to new modes of teaching and working
- For Christian faculty and staff to be rooted in Jesus and to be a non-anxious presence on campus
We've been waiting ALL SUMMER for you to arrive!
Even in the middle of a pandemic, we believe that God has prepared things in advance for this semester! There are things for you to experience, people for you to meet, and ways for you to grow in your relationship with God. Even now.
Jump in. Check CSF out. Go to the "New Students" tab above and fill out a connection card. You'll find us eating nachos, throwing jello, and hanging out on the Quad. Follow us on Instagram: @uiscsf and you'll have the inside scoop. See you soon!
THANK YOU to everyone for helping launch CSF into a new school year! We’ve met and EXCEEDED our goal! Gifts are still coming in which just pushes us even further into the semester. We are praising God for His provision and looking forward to seeing what HE will do this fall! #csflaunch
Christian Student Fellowship
is a place for students at the University of Illinois Springfield who are on a spiritual journey. Whether you're just starting out or you've been headed this way for awhile, we want to help you find your way back to God!